Visitors to Godalming are sure to enjoy the bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's golf courses and cafes. Top sights around the area include Loseley House, Jane Austen's House Museum and Mercedes-Benz World.
- There are 8 hotels and other accommodation options in Godalming
- The closest major airport is in London (LGW-Gatwick), 20.5 mi (33 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (LHR-Heathrow), 24 mi (38.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Godalming
The picturesque setting of Winkworth Arboretum and Ramster Gardens exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are West Surrey Golf Club and Oakhurst Cottage.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Godalming. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Swan Inn - This 4-star inn features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- The Squirrel Inn at Hurtmore - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this inn. This 3-star inn features a restaurant, free parking and a bar.
- Relaxinnz Kings Arms And Royal - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and central location.
Popular places to see around the area include Loseley House, located 5.1 mi (8.3 km) from the city centre, and Jane Austen's House Museum, which is 15.3 mi/24.6 km away.
Getting around Godalming
If you want to journey outside the area, ride aboard a train from Witley Station, Milford Station or Godalming Station. Godalming might not have as many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Godalming
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 20°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 22°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of 3°C
- Average annual rainfall for Godalming is 707.10 millimetres
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 21°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 2°C