History buffs will enjoy exploring Farnham, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene. Welcoming and cultural, this city also attracts tourists with its cafes. Top sights around the area include Loseley House, Jane Austen's House Museum and Ascot Racecourse.
- There are 18 hotels and other accommodation options in Farnham
- The closest major airport is in London (LHR-Heathrow), 24.2 mi (38.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (LGW-Gatwick), 27.6 mi (44.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Farnham
The city's cultural venues include New Ashgate Gallery and Museum of Farnham. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Farnham Castle, St Andrew's Church, and Lion and Lamb Yard. The picturesque setting of Frensham Little Pond and Alice Holt Forest exemplify the city's natural beauty.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 18 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Farnham. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Bel & The Dragon Churt - With a stay at this 4-star inn, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and convenient parking.
- The Princess Royal - Our customers like the bar and clean, comfortable rooms at this inn. This 4-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
- 1 Park Row B&B - Amenities at this 3-star bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its clean rooms and location.
Top places to see outside the city include Loseley House, 8.9 mi/14.2 km from the heart of the city, and Jane Austen's House Museum, which is 9.4 mi (15.1 km) away.
Getting around Farnham
To see more of the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Farnham Station or Farnham Bentley Station. Farnham may not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Farnham
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 20°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 22°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 3°C as the night-time average
- Farnham gets about 707.10 millimetres of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 21°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C