Travellers give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Woking, which is also known for its bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's theatres, entertainment choices and monuments. Top sights around the area include Mercedes-Benz World, Brooklands Museum and Thorpe Park.
- There are 33 hotels and other accommodation options in Woking
- The closest major airport is in London (LHR-Heathrow), 12 mi (19.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (LGW-Gatwick), 20.9 mi (33.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Woking
Notable city landmarks like Shah Jehan II Mosque and Henry VIII's Royal Palace might be worth a visit. The picturesque setting of Royal Horticultural Society Garden Wisley and RHS Garden Wisley exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are The Lightbox and Woking Golf Club.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 33 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Woking. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Gorse Hill - This 4-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking and a fitness centre. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and overall value.
- The Talbot Inn - Our customers like the helpful staff and proximity to shopping at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Inn on the Broadway - Amenities in this 3-star guesthouse include free WiFi and digital TV. Expedia customers like its overall value and convenient parking.
Popular places to see in the area include Mercedes-Benz World, 5 mi/8.1 km from the city centre, and Brooklands Museum, which is 5.6 mi (8.9 km) away.
Getting around Woking
If you want to journey outside the area, hop aboard a train from Woking Station, Worplesdon Station or Woking Brookwood Station. Woking might not have many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Woking
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 12°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 2°C
- From April to June, the average is 21°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 22°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 3°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Woking is 591.80 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 21°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C