Families will find kid-friendly activities in Bracknell, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its spas and entertainment. Top sights around the area include Ascot Racecourse, Legoland and Windsor Castle.
- There are 39 hotels and other accommodation options in Bracknell
- The closest major airport is in London (LHR-Heathrow), 13.5 mi (21.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (LGW-Gatwick), 31.1 mi (50.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Bracknell
The city's cultural venues include South Hill Park and Look Out Discovery Centre. Families come for attractions such as Coral Reef Bracknells Water World, Bracknell Ski Slope and Go Ape at Bracknell. Additionally, you might want to add Blue Mountain Golf Centre to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 39 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Bracknell. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Stirrups Country House Hotel - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and clean, quiet rooms.
- Elizabeth House Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this inn. With a stay at this 4-star inn, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- The Coppid Beech Hotel - This 4-star hotel features 2 restaurants, an indoor pool and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and comfortable, quiet rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Ascot Racecourse, 3.1 mi/5 km from the heart of the city, and Legoland, which is 5.6 mi (9 km) away.
Getting around Bracknell
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Bracknell Station or Bracknell Martins Heron Station. Bracknell may not have many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Bracknell
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 20°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 22°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of 3°C
- About 707.10 millimetres of rain falls on Bracknell each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 21°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 2°C