Travellers to Henley-on-Thames give high marks for the lively bar scene and top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and cosy, this city also attracts tourists with its riverfront. Reading Abbey Ruins, Mapledurham House and Watermill and Madejski Stadium are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 26 hotels and other accommodation options in Henley-on-Thames
- The closest major airport is in London (LHR-Heathrow), 20.1 mi (32.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Oxford (OXF), 26.7 mi (43 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Henley-on-Thames
Notable city landmarks like Henley Bridge and Leander Club might be worth a visit. Additionally, you might want to add River and Rowing Museum to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 26 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Henley-on-Thames. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Cherry Tree Inn - With a stay at this 4-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with comfortable bedding. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and bar.
- The Baskerville - Our customers love the convenient parking and quiet location at this inn. With a stay at this 4-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with in-room flat-screen TVs.
- The White Hart - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Popular places to visit in the area include Reading Abbey Ruins, located 6.2 mi (10.1 km) from the city centre, and Mapledurham House and Watermill, which is 6.7 mi/10.7 km away.
Getting around Henley-on-Thames
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Henley-on-Thames Station or Henley-on-Thames Shiplake Station. Henley-on-Thames might not have many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Henley-on-Thames
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 21°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 23°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of 3°C
- About 31 millimetres of rain falls on Henley-on-Thames each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 22°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 2°C