Visitors to Farnborough are sure to enjoy the bars and sporting events. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its cathedral. Loseley House, Ascot Racecourse and Legoland are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 33 hotels and other accommodation options in Farnborough
- The closest major airport is in London (LHR-Heathrow), 18 mi (29 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (LGW-Gatwick), 27.3 mi (43.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Farnborough
Favourite places to visit in the city include Kingsmead Shopping Centre, St Michaels Abbey and Farnborough Air Sciences Trust Museum. Additionally, in the area you'll find Loseley House and Ascot Racecourse.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 33 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Farnborough. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Aviator by Tag - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Rushmoor District can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free valet parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and overall value.
- Colebrook Guest House - Our customers like the breakfast and clean rooms at this guesthouse. Guests who stay at this 3-star guesthouse in Rushmoor District can enjoy access to free breakfast and free WiFi.
- The Falcon Hotel - This 3-star hotel in Rushmoor District features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Legoland, located 12.7 mi (20.4 km) from the city centre, and Mercedes-Benz World, which is 12.9 mi (20.7 km) away.
Getting around Farnborough
To explore the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Farnborough Station or Farnborough North Station. Farnborough might not have as many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Farnborough
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 20°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 22°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 3°C at night
- Farnborough gets about 25 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 21°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 2°C