Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Carshalton, though all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the bars, restaurants and shopping. Welcoming and cosy, this city will also delight visitors with its coffeehouses, beer and football.
- You'll find Expedia hotels in the surrounding area
- September is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas January is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in London (LCY-London City), 13.6 mi (21.9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Carshalton
- Popular cultural attractions include Sutton Ecology Centre, Honeywood Museum, and Royal Albert Hall
- Families come for attractions such as London Dungeon, London Eye, and London Zoo
- Notable landmarks include Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, and London Bridge
- The Grove Park, Battersea Park, and St. James Park are just some of the places to enjoy the area's natural beauty
- Shopping is one of the top reasons to visit, so consider an excursion to Harrods, Westfield London Shopping Centre and Borough Market
- Football fans will find lots to cheer about whereas everyone can enjoy an event or game at Craggy Island, O2 Arena or Olympic Stadium
Getting around Carshalton
There are many transport options in Carshalton. To explore the surrounding area, jump aboard a train at Sutton Carshalton Beeches Station or Sutton Carshalton Station.
Staying in Carshalton
Looking for a romantic getaway or boutique stay? You might love Greyhound Hotel.
A favourite with Expedia travellers is Greyhound Hotel with a 4.2 out of 5 user rating.
Dressing for Carshalton
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around 2°C
- From April to June, the average is 21°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 21°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Carshalton is 25 millimetres