Search San Juan Hotels, San Juan
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Where to stay in San Juan
4/5Very Good!(2 area reviews)
White-sands, beautifully clear water and excellent water sports make this beach one of the most popular in Puerto Rico.
4.5/5Wonderful!(3 area reviews)
Experience San Juan at its most modern in a chic neighborhood packed with high-end fashion shops, elegant casinos and popular restaurants.
Old San Juan
4/5Very Good!(1 area review)
The interesting museums and waterfront views are top of the list for many visitors to Old San Juan. A stop by San Juan Gate or Port of San Juan might round out your trip.
This cosmopolitan area of San Juan is a great place to experience the relaxed, contemporary culture of Puerto Rico.
The pristine beaches and ample dining options are top of the list for many visitors to Miramar. A stop by Conservatory of Music of Puerto Rico or Nuestra Senora de Lourdes Chapel might round out your trip.
Visiting San Juan
History buffs will enjoy exploring San Juan, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, live music scene and top-notch restaurants. Top sights in the city include San Juan Cathedral, San Juan Gate and La Fortaleza - Palacio de Santa Catalina.
- You'll find 881 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of San Juan
- The closest major airport is in San Juan (SJU-Luis Munoz Marin Intl.), 7.4 mi (12 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in San Juan
Well known for its live music scene, the city's cultural venues include Centro de Bellas Artes Luis A. Ferre, Museo de Casa Blanca and Teatro Tapia. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like San Juan Cathedral, San Juan Gate, and La Fortaleza - Palacio de Santa Catalina. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Condado Beach, Escambron Beach and Luis Muñoz Rivera Park.
In Santurce, you'll find 371 accommodation choices and hotels so you can easily plan your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Casa Sol Bed and Breakfast - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast in Old San Juan can enjoy access to free breakfast and concierge services, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Condado Vanderbilt Hotel - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and overall value at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Condado can enjoy access to 4 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi.
- The Dreamcatcher - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star guesthouse in Ocean Park can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its quiet location and room size.
Other favourite sights in San Juan include Convento de Los Dominicos, Castillo de San Cristobal and Port of San Juan. Popular places to visit in the area include Carolina Beach, located 5.9 mi (9.6 km) from the heart of the city, and Dorado Beach, which is 12.3 mi/19.7 km away.
Getting around San Juan
With so many ways to get around, seeing all of San Juan is simple. Nearby metro stations include Sacred Heart Station, Hato Rey Station and Roosevelt Station. You can find out about options for water transport at the local port.
Dressing for San Juan
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 29°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 21°C
- From April to June, the average is 31°C during the day and 22°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 31°C during the day and 24°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 31°C as the daytime average and 22°C as the night-time average
- About 1857.00 millimetres of rain falls on San Juan each year
- September and August are usually the hottest months averaging 31°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 21°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in San Juan?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in San Juan, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in San Juan?
What's the best hotel when travelling with children to San Juan?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic holiday in San Juan?
What's the best LGBTQ-friendly hotel in San Juan?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in San Juan?
What's the best place to stay to stay near the beach in San Juan?
What's the best high-end place to stay in San Juan?
What's the best boutique accommodation in San Juan?
What's the best accommodation in San Juan to learn about local history?
What are some accommodation options with pools in San Juan?
San Juan Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in San Juan by Star Rating
- Hotels near San Juan Airports
- Areas of San Juan
- Accommodation near San Juan Attractions
- More accommodation types in San Juan
- Choose Your San Juan Hotel Style
- Search San Juan Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in San Juan
- Hotels Near San Juan, San Juan
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends