Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Carolina, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, top-notch restaurants and casinos. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its bars, live music and cafes. Top sights in the city include Carolina Beach and Isla Verde Beach.
- You'll find 932 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of San Juan
- The closest major airport is in San Juan (SJU-Luis Munoz Marin Intl.), 5.2 mi (8.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Vieques (VQS-Antonio Rivera Rodriguez), 35.2 mi (56.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Carolina
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Carolina Beach, Isla Verde Beach and Balneario de Carolina. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Plaza Carolina and Pine Grove Beach.
In Santurce, you'll find 173 hotels and other accommodation options to make it easy to plan your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- TRYP by Wyndham Isla Verde - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Isla Verde can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and beach locale.
- San Juan Water and Beach Club - Our customers like the beach locale and overall value at this hotel. This 4-star hotel in Isla Verde features 2 restaurants, an outdoor pool and free WiFi.
- Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star resort in Isla Verde can enjoy access to a casino and 3 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and clean, quiet rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Jose Miguel Agrelot Coliseum, 7.6 mi/12.2 km from the heart of the city, and Hiram Bithorn Stadium, which is 8.1 mi (13 km) away.
Dressing for Carolina
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 29°C during the day and 21°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 31°C, whilst the average at night is 22°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 31°C with night-time averages of 24°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 31°C and night-time averages of 22°C
- About 1857.00 millimetres of rain falls on Carolina each year
- Usually June and October are the hottest months with an average of 31°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 21°C