Search Rye Hotels
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Budget-minded travellers will find good deals in Rye, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the spas and gardens. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its beaches. Around the area, top sights include Camber Sands, Bodiam Castle and Battle Abbey and Battlefield. In Rye, there are 121 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Rye
The city is notable for landmarks like Great Dixter House and Gardens, Lamb House and Rye Castle Museum. The countryside and gardens highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Camber Sands, Rye Harbour Nature Reserve and English Channel. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Rye Heritage Centre and Rye Art Gallery.
Top places to visit outside the city include Bodiam Castle, 7.5 mi/12.1 km from the heart of the city, and Battle Abbey and Battlefield, which is 9.9 mi (16 km) away.
Getting around Rye
To see more of the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Rye Station or Winchelsea Station. Rye may not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Rye
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 20°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 22°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 3°C as the night-time average
- Rye gets about 697 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 21°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C