Budget-minded travellers will find a good deal in Winchelsea and visitors are sure to appreciate the restaurants and bars. This welcoming, seaside city also attracts visitors with its beaches, coffeehouses, and shopping.
- There are 2 Winchelsea hotels
- September is the most expensive month to travel here, while November tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in London (LGW-Gatwick), 40.7 mi (65.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Winchelsea
- Top activities include golfing and taking an ecotour, while Battle Golf Club, London Beach Golf Club, and Cooden Beach Golf Club are favourite sights to visit
- Families come for attractions such as Underwater World, Blue Reef Aquarium, and East Hill Lift
- Notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Bodiam Castle and Battle Abbey and Battlefield
- The seaside, beach, and countryside provide a picturesque setting, and places to consider visiting are Rye Harbour Nature Reserve, Hastings Country Park, and Camber Sands
Winchelsea is adjacent to Rye. Top sights in the area include Herstmonceux Castle and Pevensey Castle.
Staying in Winchelsea
You might like Strand House, averaging GBP 185.92 per night, for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay. A 4-star favourite with Expedia travellers is Strand House with a 4.6 out of 5 user rating.
Dressing for Winchelsea
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the nighttime average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 20°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July through September averages 22°C during the day and 10°C at night
- In October–December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 3°C at night
- About 26 millimetres of rain falls on Winchelsea each year