Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
History buffs will enjoy exploring Canterbury, and visitors give high marks for the cathedral and lively bar scene. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its cafes. Top sights in the city include Canterbury Cathedral, St. Martin's Church and Marlowe Theatre.
- There are 145 hotels and other accommodation options in Canterbury
- The closest major airport is in London (SEN-Southend), 25.8 mi (41.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Canterbury
Cultural venues in the city include Marlowe Theatre, The Canterbury Tales and Royal Museum and Art Gallery. Attractions like Wingham Wildlife Park and Howletts Wild Animal Park are fun for everyone, not just kids. Its cathedrals and historic sites are notable and landmarks include Canterbury Cathedral, St. Martin's Church and Westgate Gardens and Towers.
In Dover, there are 145 hotels and other accommodation choices to make planning easier for your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Renville Oast - Amenities at this 4-star bed & breakfast include free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Harriet House B&B - Our customers like the convenient parking and central location at this guesthouse. With a stay at this 4-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Yorke Lodge Bed & Breakfast - This 5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and clean, comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Royal St George's Golf Club, 12.8 mi/20.7 km from the heart of the city, and Dover Museum, which is 14.7 mi (23.6 km) away.
Getting around Canterbury
If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Canterbury West Station, Canterbury East Station or Canterbury Sturry Station. Canterbury might not have as many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Canterbury
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 20°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 22°C with night-time averages of 10°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of 3°C
- About 26 millimetres of rain falls on Canterbury each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 21°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 2°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Canterbury?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Canterbury, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Canterbury?
What's the best hotel for families in Canterbury?
What's the best hotel for a romantic holiday in Canterbury?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Canterbury?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Canterbury?
What is the best spa hotel in Canterbury?
How is it staying in Canterbury?
What should I see while I'm in Canterbury?
What's the best way to get around Canterbury?
What's the seasonal weather in Canterbury?
Canterbury Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Canterbury by Star Rating
- Hotels near Canterbury Airports
- Accommodation near Canterbury Attractions
- More accommodation types in Canterbury
- Choose Your Canterbury Hotel Style
- Search Canterbury Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Canterbury
- Hotels Near Canterbury, England
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends