Visiting Royal Tunbridge Wells
History buffs will enjoy exploring Royal Tunbridge Wells, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its gardens, spas and bars. Around the area, top sights include Ightham Mote, Chartwell and Sheffield Park Garden.
- There are 27 hotels and other accommodation options in Royal Tunbridge Wells
- The closest major airport is in London (LGW-Gatwick), 18.6 mi (30 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (LCY-London City), 27.3 mi (43.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Royal Tunbridge Wells
Cultural venues in the city include Assembly Hall Theater, Tunbridge Wells Museum and Art Gallery and Trinity Theatre. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Scotney Castle, Salomons Centre, and Groombridge Place. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and such places to visit as Dunorlan Park and Tunbridge Wells Chalybeate.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 27 hotels and other accommodation options to pick from in Royal Tunbridge Wells. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Danehurst House - With a stay at this 5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- The Mount Edgcumbe - Our customers like the dining options and central location at this B&B. This 5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
- One Warwick Park Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and 2 bars, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its central location and clean rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Ightham Mote, 8.7 mi/14 km from the city centre, and Chartwell, which is 11 mi (17.7 km) away.
Getting around Royal Tunbridge Wells
If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Tunbridge Wells Central Station, Spa Valley Station or Royal Tunbridge Wells High Brooms Station. Royal Tunbridge Wells might not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Royal Tunbridge Wells
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 12°C and the night-time average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 21°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 22°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 3°C at night
- About 591.80 millimetres of rain falls on Royal Tunbridge Wells each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 21°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 2°C