Search Hotels in New Haven, CT
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 14 Sep 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 30 Sep 2020
Reviewed on 10 Oct 2020
Visiting New Haven
Families will find kid-friendly activities in New Haven, and visitors give high marks for the university vibe. This city also attracts tourists with its art, theatres and museums. Top sights in the city include Yale Bowl, East Rock Park and Toyota Presents Oakdale Theatre.
- There are 169 hotels and other accommodation options in New Haven
- The closest major airport is in New Haven, CT (HVN-Tweed - New Haven Regional), 3.5 mi (5.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Bridgeport, CT (BDR-Igor I. Sikorsky Memorial), 14.7 mi (23.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in New Haven
Known for its art, theatres and museums, the city's cultural venues include Toyota Presents Oakdale Theatre, Yale University Art Gallery and Shubert Theater. Families come for attractions such as Connecticut Sportsplex, Quassy Amusement Park and Beardsley Zoo. The city is notable for landmarks like Bill Miller’s Castle, Guilford Art Center and Union Station Clocktower.
In Branford, you can choose from 169 accommodation choices and hotels so you can easily plan your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Austin Street Inn - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast in West New Haven features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and WiFi.
- The Blake Hotel - Our customers like the quiet location and comfortable rooms at this hotel. This hotel in Downtown features 2 restaurants, free WiFi and a 24-hour fitness centre.
- Carriage House - Amenities at this 2.5-star hotel include free parking and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and helpful staff.
Other top sights in New Haven include Yale Bowl and East Rock Park. Outside the city, popular places to visit include Lake Compounce, located 22.9 mi (36.8 km) from the city centre, and Port Jefferson, which is 26.1 mi (42 km) away.
Getting around New Haven
If you want to journey outside the city, hop aboard a train from New Haven Union Station, Wallingford Station or Guilford Station. New Haven may not have many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for New Haven
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be -6°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 27°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September averages 28°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 20°C during the day and -5°C at night
- New Haven gets about 1197 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 27°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -4°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in New Haven?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in New Haven, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in New Haven?
What's the best hotel for families in New Haven?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in New Haven?
What's the best place to stay for a beach holiday in New Haven?
What's the best boutique-style accommodation in New Haven?
What's the best golf hotel in New Haven?
What's the best hotel for a winter holiday in New Haven?
New Haven Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in New Haven by Star Rating
- Hotels near New Haven Airports
- Areas of New Haven
- Accommodation near New Haven Attractions
- More accommodation types in New Haven
- Choose Your New Haven Hotel Style
- Search New Haven Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in New Haven
- Hotels Near New Haven, Connecticut
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends