Search Milford Hotels, New Haven
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 16 Aug 2019
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Milford, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this walkable city can discover its beaches, sporting events and university setting. Top sights around the area include Yale Bowl, East Rock Park and Port Jefferson.
- You'll find 185 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of New Haven
- The closest major airport is in Bridgeport, CT (BDR-Igor I. Sikorsky Memorial), 5.7 mi (9.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in New Haven, CT (HVN-Tweed - New Haven Regional), 9.2 mi (14.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Milford
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Silver Sands State Park and Walnut Beach. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Westfield Connecticut Post Mall is a favourite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Port Milford and Robert Treat Farm.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 33 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Milford. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hyatt Place Milford / New Haven - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hilton Garden Inn Milford - Our customers like the dining options and beach locale at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn Milford - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Yale Bowl, located 7.9 mi (12.8 km) from the city centre, and East Rock Park, which is 11.3 mi/18.3 km away.
Dressing for Milford
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be -5°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 27°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September averages 28°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 20°C during the day and -4°C at night
- About 1085.70 millimetres of rain falls on Milford each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 27°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -4°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Milford?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Milford, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Milford?
What's the best place to stay for a family trip to Milford?
What's the best accommodation for couples in Milford?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Milford?
What's the best place to stay to stay near the beach in Milford?
What's the best boutique accommodation in Milford?
What's the best hotel for a golf holiday in Milford?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Milford?
Milford Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Milford by Star Rating
- Hotels near Milford Airports
- Accommodation near Milford Attractions
- More accommodation types in Milford
- Choose Your Milford Hotel Style
- Search Milford Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Milford
- Hotels Near Milford, New Haven
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends