Travellers to Honolulu give high marks for the beaches, shopping and local tours. This city also attracts tourists with its China town and monuments. Top sights in the city include Iolani Palace, Aloha Tower and Hawaii State Capitol.
- There are 1731 hotels and other accommodation options in Honolulu
- The closest major airport is in Honolulu, HI (HNL-Daniel K. Inouye Intl.), 4.1 mi (6.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Kapolei, HI (JRF-Kalaeloa), 13.4 mi (21.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Honolulu
Cultural venues in the city include Hawaii Theater, Neal S. Blaisdell Center and Honolulu Museum of Art. Attractions like Honolulu Zoo and Waikiki Aquarium are fun for everyone, not just kids. Its China town and monuments are notable and landmarks include Iolani Palace, Aloha Tower and King Kamehameha Statue.
In Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, you'll find 1731 accommodation choices and hotels so you can easily organise your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Ritz-Carlton Residences, Waikiki Beach - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Waikiki can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and 4 restaurants, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
- Halekulani - Our customers like the beach locale and overall value at this resort. This 5-star resort in Waikiki features a full-service spa, 3 restaurants and an outdoor pool.
- Real Select Vacations at The Ritz-Carlton Residences, Waikiki Beach - This 5-star resort in Waikiki features a full-service spa, 3 restaurants and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its proximity to shopping and room size.
Other favourite sights in Honolulu include Hawaii State Capitol, Honolulu Harbor and Ala Moana Center. Top places to see in the area include Aloha Stadium, 6.2 mi/10 km from the city centre, and USS Arizona Memorial, which is 6.4 mi/10.3 km away.
Dressing for Honolulu
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 28°C during the day and 19°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 31°C, whilst the average at night is 21°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 32°C with night-time averages of 23°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 31°C and night-time averages of 19°C
- Honolulu gets about 427.70 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually August and September are the hottest months with an average of 31°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 19°C