Search Hotels in Kailua, HI
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 7 Aug 2019
Reviewed on 18 Sep 2019
Reviewed on 17 Dec 2019
Reviewed on 8 Mar 2020
Reviewed on 21 May 2020
Reviewed on 30 Mar 2020
Travellers to Kailua give high marks for the beaches. Top sights in the city include Kailua Beach and Lanikai Beach.
- There are 102 hotels and other accommodation options in Kailua
- The closest major airport is in Honolulu, HI (HNL-Daniel K. Inouye Intl.), 12.5 mi (20.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Kapolei, HI (JRF-Kalaeloa), 22.2 mi (35.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kailua
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Kailua Beach, Lanikai Beach and Kaneohe Bay. Snorkelling is just one of the top activities, while Lanikai Pillboxes Trailhead and Kaneohe Klipper Golf Course are sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Kalama Beach Park and Kawainui Park.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Waimanalo Beach, located 5 mi (8.1 km) from the city centre, and Sea Life Park, which is 7.8 mi (12.6 km) away.
Dressing for Kailua
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 27°C during the day and 19°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 29°C, whilst the average at night is 21°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 30°C with night-time averages of 23°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 30°C and night-time averages of 20°C
- Kailua gets about 1343.60 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually September and August are the hottest months with an average of 30°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 20°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Kailua?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Kailua, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation option for a family holiday to Kailua?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic holiday to Kailua?
What's the best hotel for a beach holiday in Kailua?
What's the best accommodation for a golf trip to Kailua?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Kailua?
Kailua Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Kailua by Star Rating
- Hotels near Kailua Airports
- Areas of Kailua
- Accommodation near Kailua Attractions
- More accommodation types in Kailua
- Choose Your Kailua Hotel Style
- Search Kailua Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Kailua
- Hotels Near Kailua, Hawaii
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends