Budget-minded travellers will find good deals in Cromwell, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Scenic and welcoming, this city attracts tourists with its shopping and cafes. Bushnell Park, XL Center and Mark Twain House are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 130 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Hartford
- The closest major airport is in Hartford, CT (BDL-Bradley Intl.), 22 mi (35.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Oxford, CT (OXC-Waterbury - Oxford), 26.2 mi (42.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Cromwell
The city's natural beauty is on display at Cromwell Meadows Wildlife Management Area, River Highlands State Park and Connecticut River State Wildlife Area. In the area, you'll also find Bushnell Park and XL Center.
This is a top place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Courtyard by Marriott Hartford Cromwell - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and overall value.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Mark Twain House, 10.9 mi/17.5 km from the heart of the city, and Lake Compounce, which is 13.6 mi (21.8 km) away.
Dressing for Cromwell
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 12°C during the day and -8°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 28°C, whilst the average at night is 1°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 29°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 20°C and night-time averages of -7°C
- Average annual rainfall for Cromwell is 1108 millimetres
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 28°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -6°C