Families will find kid-friendly activities in Farmington, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its shopping. Top sights around the area include Mark Twain House, Lake Compounce and Bushnell Park.
- You'll find 130 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Hartford
- The closest major airport is in Hartford, CT (BDL-Bradley Intl.), 15.8 mi (25.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Oxford, CT (OXC-Waterbury - Oxford), 23.6 mi (37.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Farmington
The city's cultural venues include Hill-Stead Museum and Stanley-Whitman House. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Westfarms Mall is a favourite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Batterson Park Pond and Winding Trails.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 7 hotels and other accommodation options to pick from in Farmington. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn and Suites Hartford/Farmington - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its convenient parking and proximity to the airport.
- Courtyard By Marriott Farmington - Our customers like the central location and comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- The Farmington Inn & Suites - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Mark Twain House, located 7 mi (11.2 km) from the city centre, and Lake Compounce, which is 7.8 mi/12.5 km away.
Dressing for Farmington
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 12°C and the night-time average to be -8°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 28°C during the day and 1°C at night
- July to September averages 29°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 20°C during the day and -7°C at night
- About 1108 millimetres of rain falls on Farmington each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 28°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -6°C