Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
Reviewed on 29 Sep 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 19 Jan 2021
Visitors can enjoy all that Washington has to offer including the university setting and museums. A top sight in the area is Candlewood Lake.
- You'll find 63 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Torrington
- The closest major airport is in Oxford, CT (OXC-Waterbury - Oxford), 12.9 mi (20.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Danbury, CT (DXR-Danbury Municipal), 20.5 mi (32.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Washington
The university setting is a highlight of the city and Institute for American Indian Studies Museum and Research Center is worth a campus tour. Additionally, you might want to add Steep Rock Preserve to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday to Washington, the best accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 40 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay in the region:
- Mayflower Inn & Spa is located 1 mi (1.5 km) from the heart of Washington. This 4.5-star inn in Washington features a full-service spa, a restaurant and an indoor pool. Our customers like its helpful staff.
- Sunny Colonial in Washington Green Across From Mayflower Inn is 1.1 mi (1.7 km) from central Washington. This 2-star hotel in Bethel features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Our customers like its overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms.
One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is Candlewood Lake, located 12.3 mi (19.7 km) from the centre of the city.
Dressing for Washington
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be -11°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 27°C during the day and -1°C at night
- July to September averages 28°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 19°C during the day and -7°C at night
- About 43 millimetres of rain falls on Washington each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 26°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -8°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Washington?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Washington, will I receive a refund?
What's the best hotel for a family holiday to Washington?
What's the best hotel for a couple visiting Washington?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Washington?
What's the best luxury accommodation option in Washington?
What's the best accommodation option for a winter holiday in Washington?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Washington?
Washington Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Washington by Star Rating
- Hotels near Washington Airports
- Accommodation near Washington Attractions
- More accommodation types in Washington
- Choose Your Washington Hotel Style
- Search Washington Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Washington
- Hotels Near Washington, Torrington
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends