History buffs will enjoy exploring Danbury, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its festivals.
- There are 44 hotels and other accommodation options in Danbury
- The closest major airport is in Danbury, CT (DXR-Danbury Municipal), 2.3 mi (3.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Oxford, CT (OXC-Waterbury - Oxford), 17.2 mi (27.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Danbury
Well known for its festivals, the city's cultural venues include Danbury Music Centre, Ridgefield Playhouse and Danbury Railway Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Glebe House Museum and The Gertrude Jekyll Garden. The city's natural beauty is on display at Candlewood Lake, Flanders Nature Center and Lake Waramaug.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 44 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Danbury. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Zero Degrees Danbury - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
- Hampton Inn Danbury - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Springhill Suites By Marriott - Danbury - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Yale Bowl, located 26.1 mi (41.9 km) from the heart of the city, and East Rock Park, which is 28.6 mi (46.1 km) away.
Dressing for Danbury
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 12°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -7°C
- From April to June, the average is 29°C during the day and 1°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 30°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 20°C as the daytime average and -6°C as the night-time average
- About 1343 millimetres of rain falls on Danbury each year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 29°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -6°C