Families will find kid-friendly activities in Norwalk, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its aquarium and entertainment. Top sights around the area include Chelsea Piers and Capitol Theatre.
- You'll find 81 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Stamford
- The closest major airport is in Bridgeport, CT (BDR-Igor I. Sikorsky Memorial), 14.9 mi (24 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in White Plains, NY (HPN-Westchester County), 15.6 mi (25 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Norwalk
Cultural venues in the city include Maritime IMAX, Stepping Stones Museum for Children and SoNo Switch Tower Museum. Notable city landmarks like Historic South Norwalk and Lockwood-Mathews Mansion might be worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Norwalk Maritime Aquarium and Norwalk City Hall.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 15 hotels and other accommodation options to pick from in Norwalk. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- EVEN Hotel Norwalk - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk - Our customers like the overall value and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Courtyard by Marriott Norwalk - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and helpful staff.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Chelsea Piers, located 7 mi (11.2 km) from the heart of the city, and Capitol Theatre, which is 15.5 mi/24.9 km away.
Dressing for Norwalk
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 12°C during the day and -7°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 29°C, whilst the average at night is 1°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 30°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 20°C and night-time averages of -6°C
- About 1343 millimetres of rain falls on Norwalk each year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 29°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -6°C