Search Fairfield Hotels, New Haven
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
Reviewed on 14 Sep 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 20 Aug 2019
Visitors to Fairfield are sure to enjoy the beaches, university setting and restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its shopping. Top sights around the area include Chelsea Piers and Port Jefferson.
- You'll find 169 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of New Haven
- The closest major airport is in Bridgeport, CT (BDR-Igor I. Sikorsky Memorial), 7.3 mi (11.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Danbury, CT (DXR-Danbury Municipal), 17.4 mi (28.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Fairfield
Cultural venues in the city include Regina A. Quick Center for the Arts, Fairfield Theater Company and Bellarmine Museum of Art. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Jennings Beach, Lake Mohegan and Penfield Beach. University life is a highlight in the city and campuses to tour include Fairfield University and Sacred Heart University.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 14 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Fairfield. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hi-Ho: A Hi-Tech Hotel - This 3-star motel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Best Western Plus Fairfield Hotel - Our customers like the overall value and convenient parking at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking.
Popular places to visit around the area include Chelsea Piers, located 15.4 mi (24.8 km) from the city centre, and Port Jefferson, which is 19.1 mi/30.7 km away.
Getting around Fairfield
To see more of the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Fairfield Metro Station or Fairfield Station. Fairfield might not have as many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Fairfield
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -5°C
- From April to June, the average is 27°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 28°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 20°C as the daytime average and -4°C as the night-time average
- About 1087 millimetres of rain falls on Fairfield each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 27°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -4°C