Families will find kid-friendly activities in Shelton, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and relaxing, this city attracts tourists with its shopping and university setting. Top sights around the area include Yale Bowl, East Rock Park and Toyota Presents Oakdale Theatre.
- You'll find 169 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of New Haven
- The closest major airport is in Bridgeport, CT (BDR-Igor I. Sikorsky Memorial), 9.9 mi (15.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Oxford, CT (OXC-Waterbury - Oxford), 12.1 mi (19.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Shelton
Favourite places to visit in the city include SportsCenter of Connecticut, Roosevelt Forest and Indian Well State Park. In the area, you'll also find Yale Bowl and East Rock Park.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Shelton. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn by Hilton Shelton - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hilton Garden Inn Shelton - Our customers like the dining options and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Courtyard By Marriott Shelton - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Toyota Presents Oakdale Theatre, located 18.2 mi (29.3 km) from the heart of the city, and Candlewood Lake, which is 21.3 mi/34.2 km away.
Dressing for Shelton
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be -5°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 27°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September averages 28°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 20°C during the day and -4°C at night
- About 1087 millimetres of rain falls on Shelton each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 27°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -4°C