Search Hotels in Wolcott, CT
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 5 Nov 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Visitors can enjoy all that Wolcott has to offer including the gardens, its breweries and festivals. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cathedral and monuments. Around the area, top sights include Lake Compounce, Mark Twain House and East Rock Park.
- You'll find 169 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of New Haven
- The closest major airport is in Oxford, CT (OXC-Waterbury - Oxford), 12 mi (19.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in New Haven, CT (HVN-Tweed - New Haven Regional), 23.3 mi (37.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Wolcott
The picturesque setting of Peterson Park and Cedar Lake exemplify the city's natural beauty. In the area, you'll also find Lake Compounce and Mark Twain House.
As you start planning your visit to Wolcott, your ideal accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 24 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- AmeriVu Inn & Suites is located 1.4 mi (2.2 km) from the heart of Wolcott. This 2.5-star motel in Wolcott features free parking. Our customers like its comfortable beds.
- Holiday Inn Express Hartford South - Rocky Hill is 17.4 mi (28 km) from central Wolcott. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Rocky Hill can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/East Hartford is 19.7 mi (31.7 km) from the centre of Wolcott. This 2.5-star hotel in East Hartford features free breakfast, an indoor pool and free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and pool.
Top places to visit outside the city include East Rock Park, located 18.4 mi (29.6 km) from the city centre, and Toyota Presents Oakdale Theatre, which is 12.5 mi/20.1 km away.
Dressing for Wolcott
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and -11°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 27°C, whilst the average at night is -1°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 28°C with night-time averages of 7°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 19°C and night-time averages of -7°C
- Wolcott gets about 1266.10 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 26°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -8°C