Visitors to Waterbury are sure to enjoy the restaurants and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's entertainment choices, theatres and museums. Around the area, top sights include Lake Compounce, East Rock Park and Yale Bowl.
- You'll find 164 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of New Haven
- The closest major airport is in Oxford, CT (OXC-Waterbury - Oxford), 7.4 mi (11.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in New Haven, CT (HVN-Tweed - New Haven Regional), 21.3 mi (34.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Waterbury
Cultural venues in the city include Palace Theatre, Seven Angels Theater and Mattatuck Museum Arts and History Center. The city is notable for landmarks like Carrie Welton Fountain, Union Station Clocktower and Christopher Columbus Statue. The picturesque setting of Waterbury Green and Holy Land USA exemplify the city's natural beauty.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Waterbury. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Courtyard by Marriott Waterbury Downtown - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and bar.
- Hampton Inn Waterbury - Our customers like the overall value and central location at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool and free WiFi.
- Quality Inn - With a stay at this 2.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Lake Compounce, 8.5 mi/13.6 km from the heart of the city, and East Rock Park, which is 16.5 mi (26.6 km) away.
Dressing for Waterbury
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and -11°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 27°C, whilst the average at night is -1°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 28°C with night-time averages of 7°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 19°C and night-time averages of -7°C
- Waterbury gets about 43 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 26°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -8°C