Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
Reviewed on 29 Sep 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 6 Aug 2020
Reviewed on 29 Dec 2020
Visitors to Litchfield are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's golf courses, wineries and zoo. A top sight in the area is Lake Compounce.
- You'll find 63 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Torrington
- The closest major airport is in Oxford, CT (OXC-Waterbury - Oxford), 19.4 mi (31.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Hartford, CT (BDL-Bradley Intl.), 29.5 mi (47.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Litchfield
The city's natural beauty is on display at Litchfield Town Green, Bantam Lake and Mohawk Mountain State Forest. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Livingston Ripley Waterfowl Conservancy and Litchfield Historical Society Museum.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 7 hotels and other accommodation options to pick from in Litchfield. Below is a top-rated accommodation option based on our user reviews:
- The Litchfield Inn - With a stay at this 4-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Top places to visit around the area include Lake Compounce, located 16.7 mi (26.8 km) from the heart of the city, and Candlewood Lake, which is 21.6 mi (34.8 km) away.
Dressing for Litchfield
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -11°C
- From April to June, the average is 27°C during the day and -1°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 28°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 19°C as the daytime average and -7°C as the night-time average
- Litchfield gets about 1266.10 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 26°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -8°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Litchfield?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Litchfield, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Litchfield?
What's the best hotel for a romantic holiday in Litchfield?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Litchfield?
What's the best high-end hotel in Litchfield?
What's the best hotel for a trip to the slopes in Litchfield?
What are some hotels with pools in Litchfield?
Litchfield Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Litchfield by Star Rating
- Hotels near Litchfield Airports
- Accommodation near Litchfield Attractions
- More accommodation types in Litchfield
- Choose Your Litchfield Hotel Style
- Search Litchfield Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Litchfield
- Hotels Near Litchfield, Torrington
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends