Visiting New Milford
Visitors can enjoy all that New Milford has to offer including the cafes, entertainment choices and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's festivals and opera houses. A top sight in the city is Candlewood Lake.
- You'll find 44 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Danbury
- The closest major airport is in Danbury, CT (DXR-Danbury Municipal), 14.7 mi (23.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Oxford, CT (OXC-Waterbury - Oxford), 15.7 mi (25.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in New Milford
The picturesque setting of Candlewood Lake and Lake Waramaug exemplify the city's natural beauty. In the area, you'll also find Lake Waramaug State Park and Thunder Ridge Ski Resort.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options to select from in New Milford. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Homestead Inn - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free WiFi, free parking and concierge services. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Rocky River Inn - Our customers like the overall value and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi.
- Red Carpet Inn & Suites - This 2.5-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking and a 24-hour front desk.
Dressing for New Milford
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 12°C during the day and -7°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 29°C, whilst the average at night is 1°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 30°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 20°C and night-time averages of -6°C
- Average annual rainfall for New Milford is 1343 millimetres
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 29°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -6°C