Visitors can enjoy all that Colchester has to offer including the restaurants, shopping and wineries. Tourists can also enjoy the city's parks and museums. Around the area, top sights include Mohegan Sun Casino, Mohegan Sun Arena and Essex Steam Train.
- You'll find 130 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Hartford
- The closest major airport is in New London, CT (GON-Groton - New London), 21.9 mi (35.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Fishers Island, NY (FID-Elizabeth Field), 26.6 mi (42.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Colchester
The picturesque setting of Day Pond State Park and Devil's Hopyard State Park exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Colchester Historical Society Museum and Lake Hayward.
As you make plans for a getaway to Colchester, the best accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 14 hotels and lodging options locally. Below are places to stay in the region:
- Quaint Lakefront Property is located 4.1 mi (6.5 km) from the heart of Colchester. This 4.5-star resort in Montville features a full-service spa, a golf course and a casino. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and beach locale.
- Mind-blowing Outdoorsman Escape Offering Once- in- a Lifetime Experiences is 2.3 mi (3.7 km) from central Colchester. This 3.5-star hotel in North Stonington features a full-service spa, a restaurant and an indoor pool. Our customers like its beach locale and overall value.
- Mohegan Sun is 13.7 mi (22.1 km) from the centre of Colchester. This 4-star resort in Mashantucket features a full-service spa, a golf course and a casino. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and pool.
Top places to visit around the area include Mohegan Sun Casino, 14 mi/22.5 km from the city centre, and Mohegan Sun Arena, which is 14 mi (22.6 km) away.
Dressing for Colchester
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 12°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -9°C
- From April to June, the average is 27°C during the day and 0°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 28°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 20°C as the daytime average and -8°C as the night-time average
- Colchester gets about 1230 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 27°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -7°C