Visitors to Hamden are sure to enjoy the university setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's hockey games, festivals and shopping. Around the area, top sights include East Rock Park, Yale Bowl and Lake Compounce.
- You'll find 169 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of New Haven
- The closest major airport is in New Haven, CT (HVN-Tweed - New Haven Regional), 8.9 mi (14.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Oxford, CT (OXC-Waterbury - Oxford), 12.6 mi (20.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Hamden
The city's cultural venues include Ireland's Great Hunger Museum and Eli Whitney Museum. The picturesque setting of East Rock Park and Sleeping Giant State Park exemplify the city's natural beauty. University life is a highlight in the city and campuses to tour include Quinnipiac University and Southern Connecticut State University.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Hamden. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Carriage House - Amenities at this 2.5-star hotel include free parking and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and helpful staff.
- Clarion Hotel & Suites Hamden-New Haven - Our customers like the dining options and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Whitney Inn & Suites - This 2-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
Popular places to see around the area include Yale Bowl, located 6.1 mi (9.8 km) from the city centre, and Lake Compounce, which is 17 mi/27.3 km away.
Dressing for Hamden
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 12°C during the day and -9°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 28°C, whilst the average at night is 0°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 29°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 20°C and night-time averages of -7°C
- Average annual rainfall for Hamden is 1215 millimetres
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 28°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -7°C