Search Hotels in Coastal Connecticut
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Check Coastal Connecticut hotel prices
Where to stay in Coastal Connecticut
4.5/5Wonderful!(6 area reviews)
If you're spending some time in Downtown, Shubert Theater and New Haven Green are top sights worth seeing.
You'll enjoy the beaches and museums in East Shore. You might want to make time for a stop at Lighthouse Point Park or Lighthouse Point Carousel.
5/5Exceptional!(5 area reviews)
When in West Mystic, you can plan a visit to Mystic Seaport and Mystic Seaport - The Museum of America and the Sea, some noteworthy sights in the nearby area.
Visiting Coastal Connecticut
Travellers to Coastal Connecticut give high marks for the casinos, must-see aquarium and bustling port. This city also attracts tourists with its live music, entertainment and theatres. Top sights in the city include East Rock Park, Yale Bowl and Mohegan Sun Casino.
- There are 720 hotels and other accommodation options in Coastal Connecticut
- The closest major airport is in New Haven, CT (HVN-Tweed - New Haven Regional), 11.8 mi (19 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Oxford, CT (OXC-Waterbury - Oxford), 23.3 mi (37.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Coastal Connecticut
Known for its live music, theatres and museums, the city's cultural venues include Mystic Seaport - The Museum of America and the Sea, Toyota Presents Oakdale Theatre and Capitol Theatre. Attractions like Essex Steam Train, Mystic Aquarium and Institute for Exploration and Chelsea Piers are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Wadsworth Mansion, Union Station Clocktower and Mystic River Bascule Bridge.
In Danbury, you can choose from 720 hotels and other accommodation choices to make planning your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Abbey's Lantern Hill Inn - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms.
- The Hotel Maria - Our customers like the dining options and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking.
- The Inn at Stonington - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free WiFi, free parking and a 24-hour fitness centre. Expedia customers like its quiet location and comfortable rooms.
Other favourite sights in Coastal Connecticut include East Rock Park, Yale Bowl and Mohegan Sun Casino. In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Lake Compounce, 21.5 mi/34.6 km from the city centre, and Bushnell Park, which is 27 mi (43.5 km) away.
Getting around Coastal Connecticut
With so many choices for transport, exploring all of Coastal Connecticut is easy. If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Guilford Station, Wallingford Station or Meriden Station. You can learn about options for water transport at the port.
More trip options
- Hotels in Coastal Connecticut by Star Rating
- Hotels near Coastal Connecticut Airports
- Areas of Coastal Connecticut
- Accommodation near Coastal Connecticut Attractions
- More accommodation types in Coastal Connecticut
- Choose Your Coastal Connecticut Hotel Style
- Search Coastal Connecticut Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Coastal Connecticut
- Hotels Near Coastal Connecticut, Connecticut
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends