Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 15 Oct 2020
Reviewed on 24 Jan 2021
Reviewed on 18 Jan 2021
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Stratford, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its beaches. Top sights around the area include Yale Bowl, East Rock Park and Port Jefferson.
- You'll find 169 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of New Haven
- The closest major airport is in Bridgeport, CT (BDR-Igor I. Sikorsky Memorial), 2.6 mi (4.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in New Haven, CT (HVN-Tweed - New Haven Regional), 13.4 mi (21.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Stratford
The city's cultural venues include National Helicopter Museum and Perry House. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Short Beach and Roosevelt Forest. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Academy Hill and Boothe Memorial Park and Museum.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 6 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Stratford. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Quality Suites - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a golf course and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and comfortable rooms.
- Honeyspot Motor Lodge - Amenities at this 2-star motel include free parking.
Top places to visit outside the city include Yale Bowl, located 11.8 mi (19 km) from the city centre, and East Rock Park, which is 15.3 mi/24.6 km away.
Dressing for Stratford
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -5°C
- From April to June, the average is 27°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 28°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 20°C as the daytime average and -4°C as the night-time average
- Stratford gets about 1087 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 27°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -4°C