Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 15 Oct 2020
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Meriden, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its shopping, university setting and cafes. Top sights around the area include Lake Compounce, East Rock Park and Mark Twain House.
- You'll find 130 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Hartford
- The closest major airport is in Oxford, CT (OXC-Waterbury - Oxford), 17.9 mi (28.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in New Haven, CT (HVN-Tweed - New Haven Regional), 19.1 mi (30.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Meriden
Notable city landmarks like Andrews Homestead Museum and Connecticut Law Enforcement Memorial might be worth a visit. The city's natural beauty is on display at Hubbard Park, Giuffrida Park and Cedar Park. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Westfield Meriden is a favourite for retail therapy.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Meriden. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Red Roof Inn Meriden - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a health club, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its convenient parking and central location.
- Comfort Inn & Suites - Our customers like the overall value and proximity to shopping at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking.
- Extended Stay America Hartford - Meriden - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Lake Compounce, 9.5 mi/15.3 km from the heart of the city, and East Rock Park, which is 14.7 mi/23.6 km away.
Getting around Meriden
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Meriden Station. Meriden might not have many public transport options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Meriden
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 12°C during the day and -9°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 28°C, whilst the average at night is 0°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 29°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 20°C and night-time averages of -7°C
- Meriden gets about 1214.80 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 28°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -7°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Meriden?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Meriden, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Meriden?
What's the best hotel when travelling with children to Meriden?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic holiday to Meriden?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Meriden?
What's the best hotel to stay near the beach in Meriden?
What's the best golf hotel in Meriden?
What's the best hotel for a ski holiday in Meriden?
Meriden Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Meriden by Star Rating
- Hotels near Meriden Airports
- Accommodation near Meriden Attractions
- More accommodation types in Meriden
- Choose Your Meriden Hotel Style
- Search Meriden Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Meriden
- Hotels Near Meriden, Hartford
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends