Search Hotels in Edinburgh
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 25 Aug 2020
Where to stay in Edinburgh
4.5/5Wonderful!(1,168 area reviews)
Wander the narrow alleys of Edinburgh's historic center to discover the hidden delights of an area that also encompasses some of the city's top attractions.
4.5/5Wonderful!(1,225 area reviews)
Stroll around the refined Georgian quarter of Edinburgh to encounter iconic monuments, stunning art galleries and an array of stores.
5/5Exceptional!(1 area review)
The ample dining options and beautiful seaside views are top of the list for many visitors to Leith. A stop by Royal Yacht Britannia or Princes Street might round out your trip.
4.5/5Wonderful!(150 area reviews)
Travellers come to Newhaven for its seaside views, and you can see top attractions like Royal Yacht Britannia and Ocean Terminal Shopping Centre while you're in town.
4.5/5Wonderful!(17 area reviews)
Historical sites, museums and art galleries highlight some of the notable features of Stockbridge. Make a stop by Inverleith while you're exploring.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Edinburgh, and visitors give high marks for the fascinating museums, local tours and festivals. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its art, shopping and monuments. Top sights in the city include Princes Street Gardens, National Gallery of Scotland and Scott Monument.
- There are 2744 hotels and other accommodation options in Edinburgh
- The closest major airport is in Edinburgh (EDI), 6.5 mi (10.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Dundee (DND), 35.3 mi (56.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Edinburgh
Known for its museums, festivals and art, the city's cultural venues include National Gallery of Scotland, Scotch Whisky Experience and Edinburgh Castle. Attractions like Our Dynamic Earth, Royal Commonwealth Pool and Edinburgh Zoo are fun for kids of all ages. Its historic sites and monuments are notable and landmarks include Scott Monument, Camera Obscura and World of Illusions and Gladstone's Land.
In South Queensferry, you'll find 2744 hotels and other accommodation choices to make it easy to plan your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- A Room in the Country - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and location.
- Arden House - Our customers like the helpful staff and WiFi at this guesthouse. Amenities at this 3.5-star guesthouse include free breakfast and free WiFi.
- Orocco Pier - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and a bar. Expedia customers like its overall value and convenient parking.
Other favourite sights in Edinburgh include Princes Street Gardens, Princes Street and George Street. Outside the city, popular places to see include Deep Sea World, 8.5 mi/13.7 km from the heart of the city, and Falkirk Wheel, which is 25.2 mi (40.5 km) away.
Getting around Edinburgh
If you want to journey outside the city, ride aboard a train from Edinburgh Waverley Station, Edinburgh Haymarket Station or Slateford Station. Edinburgh might not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Edinburgh
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 9°C and the night-time average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 17°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 18°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 13°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Edinburgh gets about 24 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 17°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 1°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Edinburgh?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Edinburgh, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Edinburgh?
What's the best accommodation option for families in Edinburgh?
What's the best accommodation for couples in Edinburgh?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Edinburgh?
What's the best place to stay for a beach holiday in Edinburgh?
What's the best luxury hotel in Edinburgh?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Edinburgh?
What's the best hotel for a golf holiday in Edinburgh?
What's the best accommodation in Edinburgh that's close to historical sites?
Edinburgh Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Edinburgh by Star Rating
- Hotels near Edinburgh Airports
- Areas of Edinburgh
- Accommodation near Edinburgh Attractions
- More accommodation types in Edinburgh
- Choose Your Edinburgh Hotel Style
- Search Edinburgh Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Edinburgh
- Hotels Near Edinburgh, Scotland
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends