Search Hotels in Musselburgh
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 18 Sep 2020
Reviewed on 26 Jul 2020
Reviewed on 19 Oct 2020
Visitors to Musselburgh are sure to enjoy the gardens and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's golf courses and local tours. Top sights around the area include Holyrood Park, Arthur's Seat and Royal Commonwealth Pool.
- You'll find 2781 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Edinburgh
- The closest major airport is in Edinburgh (EDI), 12.6 mi (20.3 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Musselburgh
A couple of favourite places to visit are Musselburgh Racecourse and Morrisons Haven. Additionally, in the area you'll find Holyrood Park and Arthur's Seat.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Musselburgh. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Carberry Tower Mansion House and Estate - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and overall value.
- Ravelston House - Our customers like the bar and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Royal Commonwealth Pool, located 5.2 mi (8.4 km) from the city centre, and Easter Road Stadium, which is 5.4 mi (8.6 km) away.
Getting around Musselburgh
If you want to journey outside the area, hop aboard a train from Musselburgh Wallyford Station, Musselburgh Station or Newcraighall Station. Musselburgh might not have as many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Musselburgh
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 9°C and the night-time average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 17°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 18°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 13°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Musselburgh is 701.60 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 17°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 1°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Musselburgh?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Musselburgh, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Musselburgh?
What's the best accommodation option when travelling with children to Musselburgh?
What's the best accommodation for a couple visiting Musselburgh?
What's the best place to stay for a beach holiday in Musselburgh?
What's the best luxury accommodation option in Musselburgh?
What's the best golf hotel in Musselburgh?
Where's the best place to stay in Musselburgh to absorb the local history?
Musselburgh Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Musselburgh by Star Rating
- Hotels near Musselburgh Airports
- Areas of Musselburgh
- Accommodation near Musselburgh Attractions
- More accommodation types in Musselburgh
- Choose Your Musselburgh Hotel Style
- Search Musselburgh Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Musselburgh
- Hotels Near Musselburgh, Edinburgh
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends