Budget-minded travellers will find good deals in Dudley, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene and top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and cosy, this city attracts tourists with its zoo and spas. Around the area, top sights include Birmingham Botanical Gardens, Arena Birmingham and Broad Street.
- You'll find 771 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Birmingham
- The closest major airport is in Birmingham (BHX), 17.5 mi (28.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Coventry (CVT), 29.1 mi (46.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Dudley
Favourite places to visit in the city include Black Country Museum, Dudley Zoo and Castle and Crooked House. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Himley Hall and Park and Dudley Town Hall.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Dudley. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Village Hotel Birmingham Dudley - This 3.5-star hotel features a full-service spa, a restaurant and an indoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and pool.
- Station Hotel - Our customers like the bar and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking.
- Quality Hotel Dudley - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Top places to see outside the city include Birmingham Botanical Gardens, 9.3 mi/15 km from the heart of the city, and Arena Birmingham, which is 9.7 mi (15.5 km) away.
Dressing for Dudley
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 2°C
- From April to June, the average is 19°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 20°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 14°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- About 766 millimetres of rain falls on Dudley each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 19°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C