Budget-minded travellers will find good deals in Oldbury, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and relaxing, this city will delight tourists with its bars, cafes and sporting events. Around the area, top sights include Birmingham Botanical Gardens, Arena Birmingham and Broad Street.
- You'll find 770 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Birmingham
- The closest major airport is in Birmingham (BHX), 12.4 mi (19.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Coventry (CVT), 23.9 mi (38.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Oldbury
Birmingham Botanical Gardens, Arena Birmingham and Broad Street are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. In the area, you'll also find Big Brum and The Mailbox.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Oldbury. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Ibis Styles Birmingham Oldbury - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and overall value.
- Ramada by Wyndham Oldbury Birmingham - Our customers like the overall value and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include International Convention Centre (ICC), located 4.8 mi (7.6 km) from the heart of the city, and Victoria Square, which is 5 mi/8.1 km away.
Getting around Oldbury
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Oldbury Langley Green Station. Oldbury might not have as many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Oldbury
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 19°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 20°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 14°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- About 766 millimetres of rain falls on Oldbury each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 19°C, whereas March and February are often coldest, averaging 2°C