Families will find kid-friendly activities in Walsall, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene and top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and cosy, this city attracts tourists with its spas and sporting events. Top sights around the area include Arena Birmingham, Birmingham Cathedral and Big Brum.
- You'll find 774 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Birmingham
- The closest major airport is in Birmingham (BHX), 14.7 mi (23.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Coventry (CVT), 26.2 mi (42.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Walsall
Cultural venues in the city include Aston Manor Road Transport Museum, Walsall Leather Museum and Walsall Library and Museum. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Bescot Stadium and Walsall Arboretum.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 19 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Walsall. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Fairlawns Hotel and Spa - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Holiday Inn Express Walsall M6J10 - Our customers like the bar and breakfast at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room sofa bed.
- Village Hotel Birmingham Walsall - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and pool.
Top places to see around the area include Arena Birmingham, 9.4 mi/15.1 km from the city centre, and Birmingham Cathedral, which is 9.5 mi (15.3 km) away.
Getting around Walsall
If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Walsall Bloxwich Station, Walsall Station or Walsall Bloxwich North Station. Walsall might not have as many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Walsall
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 2°C
- From April to June, the average is 19°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 20°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 14°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- About 758.80 millimetres of rain falls on Walsall each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 19°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C