Visitors will want to experience the restaurants, architecture, and bars in Barnet. Welcoming and urban, this riverfront city will also delight visitors with its shopping, art, and sporting events.
- There are 3 Barnet hotels
- December is the most expensive month to travel here, while March tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in London (LCY-London City), 14.9 mi (23.9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Barnet
- Well-known for its art scene and attractions such as Royal Albert Hall, Buckingham Palace, and Tower of London
- Attractions include London Zoo, London Eye, and London Dungeon
- Notable landmarks include Trafalgar Square, St. Paul's Cathedral, and Big Ben
- The riverfront and gardens highlight the natural beauty, and Kensington Gardens, Hyde Park, and St. James Park are some places worth a visit
- Shopping is a highlight of the area, so enjoy some retail therapy at Selfridges, Harrods, and Portobello Road Market
- Everyone—not just sports fans—will find lots of reasons to cheer at a game or event at Olympic Stadium, O2 Arena, or White Hart Lane Stadium
Getting around Barnet
With transportation options aplenty, seeing Barnet is easy. Nearby metro stations include High Barnet Underground Station and Cockfosters Underground Station. To explore the surrounding area, jump aboard a train at Enfield Hadley Wood Station or Barnet Oakleigh Park Station.
Staying in Barnet
You might like one of these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay:
- West Lodge Park Hotel, averaging GBP 149.44/night
- Savoro Restaurant with Rooms, averaging GBP 125.81/night
West Lodge Park Hotel, a 4-star favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 4.3 out of 5 user rating.
Dressing for Barnet
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 12°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around 2°C
- From April to June, the average is 21°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 22°C during the day and 9°C at night
- In October–December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 3°C as the nighttime average
- Barnet gets about 21 millimetres of rain per year