Travellers to Watford give high marks for the local tours, top-notch restaurants and lively bar scene. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its shopping, cafes and spas. Around the area, top sights include Warner Bros. Studio Tour London, SSE Arena, Wembley and Wembley Stadium.
- There are 44 hotels and other accommodation options in Watford
- The closest major airport is in London (LHR-Heathrow), 13 mi (20.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (LTN-Luton), 15.4 mi (24.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Watford
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Watford Market is a favourite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Warner Bros. Studio Tour London and Vicarage Road.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 44 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Watford. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Holiday Inn London - Watford Junction - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a fitness centre, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
- The Grove - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a golf course, along with free WiFi.
- Jurys Inn London Watford - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its central location and helpful staff.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include SSE Arena, Wembley, 8.4 mi/13.5 km from the city centre, and Wembley Stadium, which is 8.4 mi (13.5 km) away.
Getting around Watford
With so many transport options, exploring all of Watford is a breeze. Head to Watford Station to catch the metro. If you want to journey outside the city, hop aboard a train from Watford High Street Station, Watford Junction Station or Bushey Station.
Dressing for Watford
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 12°C and the night-time average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 21°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 22°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 3°C at night
- Watford gets about 21 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 21°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 2°C