Visiting Hemel Hempstead
Travellers to Hemel Hempstead give high marks for the lively bar scene and top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and relaxing, this city attracts tourists with its golf courses and local tours. Top sights around the area include Warner Bros. Studio Tour London, Cliveden House and SSE Arena, Wembley.
- There are 30 hotels and other accommodation options in Hemel Hempstead
- The closest major airport is in London (LTN-Luton), 9.7 mi (15.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (LHR-Heathrow), 19.7 mi (31.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Hemel Hempstead
Top activities include golfing and taking a tour, while The Snow Centre is one place to visit. Additionally, you might want to add Gadebridge Park to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 30 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Hemel Hempstead. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Boxmoor Lodge - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and helpful staff.
- Shendish Manor Hotel & Golf Course - Our customers like the overall value and quiet location at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features a golf course, a restaurant and free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Express Hemel Hempstead - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its proximity to public transport and clean, comfortable rooms.
Top places to see in the area include Warner Bros. Studio Tour London, 5.4 mi/8.7 km from the heart of the city, and Cliveden House, which is 16.1 mi (25.9 km) away.
Getting around Hemel Hempstead
To see more of the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Hemel Hempstead Station or Apsley Station. Hemel Hempstead might not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Hemel Hempstead
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 10°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -1°C
- From April to June, the average is 20°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 20°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 0°C as the night-time average
- About 23 millimetres of rain falls on Hemel Hempstead each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 20°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 0°C