Search Hotels in Amersham
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 18 Oct 2020
Reviewed on 8 Nov 2018
Travellers give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Amersham, which is also known for its bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's forests and coffee shops. Warner Bros. Studio Tour London, Cliveden House and Windsor Castle are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 7 hotels and other accommodation options in Amersham
- The closest major airport is in London (LHR-Heathrow), 15.8 mi (25.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (LTN-Luton), 17 mi (27.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Amersham
A couple of favourite places to visit are Amersham Museum and Little Chalfont Golf Club. Additionally, in the area you'll find Warner Bros. Studio Tour London and Cliveden House.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Amersham. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Saracens Head - Inn - With a stay at this 3-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
- The Chequers Inn of Amersham - Our customers like the convenient parking and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. Amenities at this 3-star bed & breakfast include a bar and free WiFi.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Windsor Castle, 13.5 mi/21.7 km from the heart of the city, and Frogmore House, which is 14 mi (22.6 km) away.
Getting around Amersham
To explore the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Amersham Station or Chalfont and Latimer Station. Amersham might not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Amersham
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 12°C and the night-time average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 21°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 22°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 3°C at night
- Amersham gets about 591.80 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 21°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 2°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Amersham?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Amersham, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay for a family trip to Amersham?
What's the best place to stay for couples in Amersham?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Amersham?
What's the best accommodation for a golf trip to Amersham?
Amersham Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Amersham by Star Rating
- Hotels near Amersham Airports
- Accommodation near Amersham Attractions
- More accommodation types in Amersham
- Choose Your Amersham Hotel Style
- Search Amersham Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Amersham
- Hotels Near Amersham, England
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends