Budget-minded travellers will find good deals in Hayes, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants, lively bar scene and shopping. Welcoming and urban, this city also attracts tourists with its cafes. Top sights around the area include Twickenham Stadium, Griffin Park Stadium and Twickenham Stoop.
- You'll find 11795 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of London
- The closest major airport is in London (LHR-Heathrow), 3.2 mi (5.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (LCY-London City), 20.2 mi (32.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Hayes
A favourite place to visit in the city is London Motor Museum. In the area, you'll also find Twickenham Stadium and Griffin Park Stadium.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 41 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Hayes. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Novotel London Heathrow Airport T1 T2 and T3 - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Hillingdon can enjoy access to a restaurant and a 24-hour fitness centre, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and central location.
- London Heathrow Marriott Hotel - Our customers like the overall value and comfortable rooms at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Hillingdon can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with pillowtop beds.
- Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow - This 4-star hotel in Hillingdon features 2 restaurants, an indoor pool and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and quiet location.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Twickenham Stoop, 5.5 mi/8.8 km from the city centre, and Kew Palace, which is 5.8 mi/9.3 km away.
Getting around Hayes
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Hayes & Harlington Station. Hayes may not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Hayes
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 12°C and the night-time average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 21°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 22°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 3°C at night
- About 21 millimetres of rain falls on Hayes each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 21°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 2°C