Visitors to Uxbridge are sure to enjoy the bars and university setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's golf courses and parks. Windsor Castle, Frogmore House and SSE Arena, Wembley are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 12387 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of London
- The closest major airport is in London (LHR-Heathrow), 6.7 mi (10.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (LGW-Gatwick), 31.4 mi (50.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Uxbridge
Notable city landmarks like Denham Lock and Battle of Britain Bunker might be worth a visit. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the countryside and Colne Valley Regional Park. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Brunel University is worth a campus tour.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 25 hotels and other accommodation options to pick from in Uxbridge. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Red Lion Hotel, Hillingdon - This 3.5-star hotel in Hillingdon features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and clean, quiet rooms.
- Black Jack's Mill - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this B&B. This 3.5-star bed & breakfast in Hillingdon features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking.
- Falcon Inn - Amenities at this 4-star inn include a restaurant and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its central location and clean, comfortable rooms.
Popular places to see outside the city include Windsor Castle, located 8 mi (12.8 km) from the heart of the city, and Frogmore House, which is 8 mi/12.9 km away.
Getting around Uxbridge
With so many choices for transport, seeing Uxbridge is easy. You can walk to nearby metro stations including Uxbridge Underground Station, Hillingdon Underground Station and Ickenham Underground Station. If you want to journey outside the area, ride aboard a train from Uxbridge Denham Station, West Ruislip Station or London West Ruislip Station.
Dressing for Uxbridge
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 12°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 21°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 22°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of 3°C
- Average annual rainfall for Uxbridge is 591.80 millimetres
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 21°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 2°C