Budget-minded travellers will find good deals in Aylesbury, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the bars, gardens and sporting events. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its theatres. Around the area, top sights include Bicester Village, Cliveden House and Warner Bros. Studio Tour London.
- There are 21 hotels and other accommodation options in Aylesbury
- The closest major airport is in London (LTN-Luton), 19.1 mi (30.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Oxford (OXF), 21.3 mi (34.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Aylesbury
Favourite places to visit in the city include Waddesdon Manor, Buckinghamshire County Museum and Aylesbury Park Golf Club. Additionally, in the area you'll find Bicester Village and Cliveden House.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 21 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Aylesbury. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hartwell House & Spa - This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, a restaurant and an indoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and breakfast.
- The Five Arrows Hotel - Our customers like the dining options and clean, comfortable rooms at this inn. With a stay at this 4-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- The Angel Restaurant with Rooms - This 3-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant and a bar. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Popular places to visit around the area include Warner Bros. Studio Tour London, 19.1 mi/30.7 km from the heart of the city, and University Church of St Mary the Virgin, which is 19.4 mi (31.1 km) away.
Getting around Aylesbury
If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from Aylesbury Station, Aylesbury Vale Parkway Station or Aylesbury Stoke Mandeville Station. Aylesbury might not have as many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Aylesbury
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 21°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 23°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 3°C as the night-time average
- About 31 millimetres of rain falls on Aylesbury each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 22°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C