Luxury-minded travellers will find upscale places to stay in Thame, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and relaxing, this city will delight tourists with its spas, bars and golf courses. Top sights around the area include University Church of St Mary the Virgin, Radcliffe Camera and Sheldonian Theatre.
- There are 8 hotels and other accommodation options in Thame
- The closest major airport is in Oxford (OXF), 15.3 mi (24.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (LTN-Luton), 28.6 mi (46.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Thame
Notable places to visit in the larger region include University Church of St Mary the Virgin, Radcliffe Camera and Sheldonian Theatre. In the area, you'll also find Covered Market and Oxford University Museum of Natural History.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Thame. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Fox and Goat - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Oxford Belfry - Our customers like the dining options and bar at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free Internet.
- The Spread Eagle Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and bar.
Top places to see in the area include Pitts Rivers Museum, 11.3 mi/18.2 km from the city centre, and Ashmolean Museum, which is 11.4 mi (18.4 km) away.
Dressing for Thame
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 21°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 23°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 3°C as the night-time average
- About 853.10 millimetres of rain falls on Thame each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 22°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C