Search Hotels in Wallingford
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 15 Oct 2019
Visitors to Wallingford are sure to enjoy the bars, riverfront and cafes. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its parks. Top sights around the area include Mapledurham House and Watermill, University Church of St Mary the Virgin and Radcliffe Camera.
- There are 12 hotels and other accommodation options in Wallingford
- The closest major airport is in Oxford (OXF), 17.7 mi (28.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (LHR-Heathrow), 30.3 mi (48.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Wallingford
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Wallingford Museum, St. Helen's Church, and Dorchester Abbey. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the rivers and Thames Path. Additionally, you might want to add Island Farm Donkey Sanctuary to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Wallingford. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Town Arms - Amenities at this 2.5-star inn include a restaurant and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Relaxinnz George Hotel - Our customers like the dining options and bar at this hotel. This 2-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking.
- Shillingford Bridge Hotel - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and convenient parking.
Top places to visit in the area include Mapledurham House and Watermill, 8.9 mi/14.4 km from the city centre, and University Church of St Mary the Virgin, which is 11.7 mi (18.9 km) away.
Getting around Wallingford
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Wallingford Cholsey Station. Wallingford might not have many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Wallingford
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 21°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 23°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 3°C as the night-time average
- Wallingford gets about 31 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 22°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Wallingford?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Wallingford, will I receive a refund?
What's the best hotel for a couple going to Wallingford?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Wallingford?
What's the best accommodation in Wallingford that's close to historical sites?
Wallingford Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Wallingford by Star Rating
- Hotels near Wallingford Airports
- Accommodation near Wallingford Attractions
- More accommodation types in Wallingford
- Choose Your Wallingford Hotel Style
- Search Wallingford Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Wallingford
- Hotels Near Wallingford, England
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends