Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Hatfield, which is also known for its university setting and bars. Welcoming and relaxing, this city attracts tourists with its shopping and cafes. Around the area, top sights include Warner Bros. Studio Tour London, Alexandra Palace and White Hart Lane Stadium.
- There are 13 hotels and other accommodation options in Hatfield
- The closest major airport is in London (LTN-Luton), 10.3 mi (16.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (LHR-Heathrow), 22.3 mi (36 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Hatfield
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and The Galleria is a favourite for retail therapy. The university setting is a highlight of the city and University of Hertfordshire is worth a campus tour. Additionally, you might want to add Hatfield House to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 13 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Hatfield. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Mercure Hatfield Oak - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and overall value.
- SmartRooms - Our customers like the location at this guesthouse. Amenities at this 3-star guesthouse include free parking and an in-room kitchenette.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Warner Bros. Studio Tour London, located 9.6 mi (15.5 km) from the heart of the city, and Alexandra Palace, which is 12.4 mi/20 km away.
Getting around Hatfield
If you want to journey outside the city, hop aboard a train from Hatfield Station, Welham Green Station or Brookmans Park Station. Hatfield might not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Hatfield
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 10°C and the night-time average to be -1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 20°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 20°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 0°C at night
- Hatfield gets about 23 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 20°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 0°C