Visitors to Stevenage are sure to enjoy the entertainment. Tourists can also enjoy the city's sporting events, churches and theatres. Top sights around the area include Knebworth House, Hatfield House and Paradise Wildlife Park.
- There are 14 hotels and other accommodation options in Stevenage
- The closest major airport is in London (LTN-Luton), 7.6 mi (12.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (STN-Stansted), 19.8 mi (31.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Stevenage
A favourite place to visit in the city is Benington Lordship Gardens. In the area, you'll also find Knebworth House and Hatfield House.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 14 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Stevenage. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Cromwell Hotel Stevenage - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Holiday Inn Express Stevenage - Our customers like the central location and comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a bar, along with free WiFi.
- Abbington Hotel - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and clean, quiet rooms.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Paradise Wildlife Park, 12.6 mi/20.2 km from the city centre, and ZSL Whipsnade Zoo, which is 15 mi (24.1 km) away.
Getting around Stevenage
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Stevenage Station. Stevenage might not have as many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Stevenage
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 10°C during the day and -1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 20°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 20°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of 0°C
- About 23 millimetres of rain falls on Stevenage each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 20°C, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 0°C