Search Hotels in Hitchin
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
History buffs will enjoy exploring Hitchin, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and countryside, this city will delight tourists with its bars, gardens and spas. Around the area, top sights include Warner Bros. Studio Tour London, Knebworth House and ZSL Whipsnade Zoo.
- There are 21 hotels and other accommodation options in Hitchin
- The closest major airport is in London (LTN-Luton), 6.3 mi (10.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (STN-Stansted), 23.4 mi (37.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Hitchin
A favourite place to visit in the city is Stotfold Watermill & Nature Reserve. In the area, you'll also find Warner Bros. Studio Tour London and Knebworth House.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 21 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from in Hitchin. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Lord Lister Hotel - This 3-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking and a bar. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff and WiFi.
- Firs Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Lodge Farm House B&B - Amenities in this 3-star B&B guestroom include free WiFi and a coffee maker.
Popular places to visit around the area include ZSL Whipsnade Zoo, 13.2 mi/21.2 km from the heart of the city, and Hatfield House, which is 13.3 mi (21.3 km) away.
Getting around Hitchin
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Hitchin Station. Hitchin might not have as many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Hitchin
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 10°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -1°C
- From April to June, the average is 20°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 20°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 0°C as the night-time average
- About 638.70 millimetres of rain falls on Hitchin each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 20°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 0°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Hitchin?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Hitchin, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Hitchin?
What's the best place to stay when travelling with children to Hitchin?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Hitchin?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Hitchin?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Hitchin?
What's the best hotel in Hitchin to be near historical sites?
Hitchin Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Hitchin by Star Rating
- Hotels near Hitchin Airports
- Accommodation near Hitchin Attractions
- More accommodation types in Hitchin
- Choose Your Hitchin Hotel Style
- Search Hitchin Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Hitchin
- Hotels Near Hitchin, England
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends